Reviews by Erin Beauchamp

Read Erin Beauchamp's Blog

The Captive Maiden

The Captive Maiden

On 1/6 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I received The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson from the Booksneeze program for free in exchange for my honest review.The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson is the creative retelling of the Cinderella fairytale. It is written as a stand alone book however it chronologically follows her other book- ... Book Review- The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Dear Mr. Knightley

Dear Mr. Knightley

On 12/3 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I received the book Dear Mr Knightly by Kathryn Reay through the Booksneeze program in exchange for an honest review.I was very entertained by Dear Mr. Knightly, I have always been a fan of Jane Austen and this book closely follows the style of writing that she had. Dear Mr. Knighly is written as a series ... Book review- Dear Mr. Knightly by Kathryn Reay

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

To Know You

To Know You

On 10/31 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I received the book To Know You by Shannon Ethridge and Kathryn Mackel through the booksneeze program in exchange for an honest review. To Know You explores the path to redemption and forgiveness as it follows the story of one woman who, in past years, gave up two daughters for adoption. Now, her son ... Book review- To Know You by Shannon Ethridge and Kathryn Mackel

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Fatal Tide

Fatal Tide

On 9/30 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I received Fatal Tide through the Booksneeze program in exchange for an honest review. Fatal Tide by Lis Wiehl with Pete Nelson is the third in the East Salem series. It is fast paced, intriguing and very well written. While it is the third I did not feel as if I were missing anything from the preceding ... Book Review- Fatal Tide by Lis Wiehl with Pete Nelson

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Last Light

Last Light

On 9/13 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I received Last Light by Terri Blackstock as part of the Booksneeze program. This book was highly entertaining and very well written. It is the first in Blackstock’s series which follows the Branning family as they deal with a world wide crisis, a local killer and learn to rely on each other and on ... Book Review- Last Light by Terri Blackstock

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Christian Parenting Handbook

The Christian Parenting Handbook

On 9/5 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I received The Christian Parenting Handbook by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller through the Booksneeze program. Mind you I’ve read SEVERAL parenting books, as a mom of 3 very strong willed children I have had to as a means to stay sane. The biggest thing that grabbed me was the introduction. Not ... Book Review- The Christian Parenting Handbook 50 Heart Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child's Life by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Clean

Clean

On 4/26 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I recently received the book Clean A Proven Plan for Men Committed to Sexual Integrity by Douglas Weiss, PhD through the Booksneeze program. Normally I don’t read the introductions of books, but the intro in this book was more intriguing than most. The intro tells of Dr. Weiss’ own struggles with ... Book Review- Clean A Proven Plan for Men Committed to Sexual Integrity by Douglas Weiss, PhD.

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Stress Test

Stress Test

On 4/4 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry was a fast paced, engaging novel which I received through the booksneeze program. Dr. Matt Newman was on the verge of beginning what he thought was a new life complete with a new career and a future with his long time girlfriend. All of that ended when he found himself ... Book Review- Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry, M.D.

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Waiting for Morning

Waiting for Morning

On 1/31 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I had the pleasure of reviewing Waiting for Morning which I received from the Booksneeze program. Waiting for Morning by Margaret Brownley is the second in her The Brides of Last Chance Ranch series. In spite of this I did not feel that I had missed out on any back story by not reading the first book. ... Book review- Waiting For Morning

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Betrayal

Betrayal

On 12/8 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Betrayal by Robin Lee Hatcher is the second in her “Where the Heart Lives” series and I had the privilege of reviewing it for the Booksneeze program. “A thoughtful romance from the turn of the century, Betrayalwill take you…into the souls of two seekers learning to trust God’s love no matter ... Book Review- Betrayal

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The River

The River

On 11/1 Erin Beauchamp wrote: The River by Michael Neale- which I received through Thomas Nelson's book review program Booksneeze- was just an ok read for me. While I thought it was well written it was not a story that held my attention. The story in itself is about a young man who lives his life in fear because of a tragic accident ... Book Review- The River by Michael Neale

Erin's Rating:

3 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Wisdom Meets Passion

Wisdom Meets Passion

On 8/23 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Wisdom Meets Passion – When Generations Collide and Collaborate by Dan Miller and Jared Angaza offers a two generation perspective on living a life of passion through the eyes of wisdom. This father and son team up to talk about such subjects as work, money and education. They come to the conclusion ... Book Review- Wisdom Meets Passion by Dan Miller and Jared Angaza

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Reason

The Reason

On 8/12 Erin Beauchamp wrote: The Reason is the debut book from author William Sirls. I did some research about this author because he wasn’t one I’d ever heard of before and it turns out he first got the idea for this book before going to jail for money laundering. When lightening srikes the cross outside a church a town doctor ... Book Review- The Reason by William Sirls

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

House of Mercy

House of Mercy

On 8/1 Erin Beauchamp wrote: House of Mercy by Erin Healy was a really good read. Not quite as absorbing as the books she has co authored with Ted Dekker. However, those books have an additional element of suspense. This book has its own element of suspense. When Beth makes a decision the repercussions show that one wrong step can ... Book Review- House of Mercy by Erin Healy

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Arms of Love

Arms of Love

On 5/19 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Arms of Love by Kelly Long is one of the best Christian Romance novels I have read in a long time and I read a lot of them! I am not usually a fan of books written about the Amish, but this one focuses not so much on the Amish way of life that seems to prevail in other books in this genre. Instead it ... Book Review- Arms of Love by Kelly Long

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Heaven in her Arms

Heaven in her Arms

On 4/23 Erin Beauchamp wrote: “When God selected Mary He was looking for heart. God set out to find the precise woman who could give her heart to Him, completely and wholly. He wanted a woman with whom He could entrust His perfect Son. This was going to be no ordinary woman. Or was it?” Hickem says in the first chapter. She goes ... Book Review- Heaven in Her Arms by Catherine Hickem

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Eyes of Justice

Eyes of Justice

On 4/23 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Eyes of Justice is the fourth installment of the Triple Threat Club series by Lis Wiehl. Written just as skillfully as Face of Betrayal, Hand of Fate and Heart of Ice it is full of adventure, mystery and thrills. In this book the Triple Threat Club lose one of their own and the remaining two set out ... Book Review- Eyes of Justice by Lis Wiehl with April Henry

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Constantly Craving

Constantly Craving

On 3/7 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Constantly Craving, by Marilyn Meberg is a must read for anyone who is craving more. Doesn’t matter WHAT you’re craving, we as humans are imprinted with this unquenchable desire for more. “Eve, of Genesis fame, was…the first woman in recorded history who did not want to be who she was or where ... Book Review- Constantly Craving by Marilyn Meberg

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Heart of Ice (trade paper)

Heart of Ice (trade paper)

On 2/1 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Heart of Ice was a great Christian suspense novel! Written by Lis Wiehl and April Henry It definitely kept me turning the pages and involved. I did figure out the who-done-it portion of the mystery before the end of the book but this is nothing new for me. The story is part of a series, but never did ... Book Review- Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl with April Henry

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Invasion (tpc)

Invasion (tpc)

On 11/7 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Invasion was three hundred and nineteen pages of Christian science fiction. It was geared, I felt, more towards the young adult set and in that vein it is fast paced. It offers new thrills that you likely won’t find within the Christian fiction set. The first in the C.H.A.O.S. Trilogy it introduces ... Book Review- Invasion by Jon S Lewis

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Love & Respect Experience

The Love & Respect Experience

On 9/30 Erin Beauchamp wrote: The Love and Respect Experience by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs was just as great as his book Love and Respect. The Experience is a devotional written so that men will enjoy and based on the assumption that women will love it. It is written in such a way that the couple can read it together or separately, taking ... The Love and Respect Experience

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Shelter of God's Promises

The Shelter of God's Promises

On 1/29 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I finished reading The Shelter of God's Promises by Sheila Walsh this week and it was definitely a 'God moment' kind of book. I'd been taking the reading kind of slow, even though it's a very easy read and now I know why. I got to the chapter about 'Strength' and read it on the anniversary of the death ... Book Review- The Shelter of God's Promises

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Selfless Gene

The Selfless Gene

On 1/5 Erin Beauchamp wrote: To be quite honest I got this book to review and then got so utterly lost in what the author was trying to say that I didn't read the whole thing. I put it down intending to pick it back up later when I thought I would have more time to digest it. And then we moved, and it got lost in the jumble. And ... Book Review- The Selfless Gene Living with God and Darwin

Erin's Rating:

3 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Love & Respect

Love & Respect

On 1/18 Erin Beauchamp wrote: WOW! If I had to sum it up in one word it would be WOW! Love and Respect, by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is simply an incredible book. It's not a guide, or a tool, or a lesson. It is a lifechanging message. Whether you're in a great marriage, a good marriage, a mediocre marriage or a failing marriage this ... Love and Respect, life changing!

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Fearless

Fearless

On 9/19 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Fearless by Max Lucado is an extremely good book. It is well written with lots of biblical passages, chock full of wisdom and with just the right amount of wit, he takes today's relevant fears and lays them bare before the scriptures. Max systematically explores the different things we are afraid of ... Fearless...How to live a life without fear!

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Read and Share Toddler Bible

Read and Share Toddler Bible

On 8/10 Erin Beauchamp wrote: This is a very well done toddler Bible. The stories are clear and concise, they really cut to the heart of the story and kept them short enough to hold the attention of a two year old. Our almost two year old loves the pictures and the stories. Some interesting features include an activity at the end ... Colorful and Simple

Erin's Rating:

5 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Christianity in Crisis: The 21st Century

Christianity in Crisis: The 21st Century

On 7/24 Erin Beauchamp wrote: WOW. That would sum up Crisis in Christianity in one word. And I don't mean wow in a good way. I can say, in all honesty that this is one book I don't think I'd recommend to people. Mostly because of the fact that I disagree with the author, not entirely, but with most of what he says. I felt that Hank ... Interesting and chafing

Erin's Rating:

2 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Noticer

The Noticer

On 7/24 Erin Beauchamp wrote: So, I read the book The Noticer by Andy Andrews. I found it to be an easy read, and fairly entertaining, though I'm sure that entertaining was not the author's goal with this book. It was chock full of wisdom that seemed taken from other people's books. For instance, during a conversation about love,one ... Entertaining, a good breakdown of more complex ideas.

Erin's Rating:

3 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Higher Hope

Higher Hope

On 4/30 Erin Beauchamp wrote: I just finished Higher Hope by Robert Whitlow, the second in his Tides of Truth series. Higher Hope is about Tami Taylor, a law student, who gets assigned to a libel/slander case against a local preacher. This local preacher is said to have a miraculous gift of prophecy. While Tami is working on this ... Interesting Enough

Erin's Rating:

4 Stars

View all reviews for this book

The Great Eight

The Great Eight

On 4/5 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Ok Honestly, I thought The Great Eight was not so great. Not bad mind you, but not great. It was chock full of personal stories about Scott Hamilton, most of which I found interesting. All of which were at least somewhat relevant to the point he was trying to make in any given chapter. The basic of the ... It was interesting at least

Erin's Rating:

3 Stars

View all reviews for this book

Rex

Rex

On 1/8 Erin Beauchamp wrote: Rex by Cathleen Lewis is the ultimate story of God's grace. It is chock full of personal stories from a mother's perspective, stories that will make you laugh and cry, and these stories tell about Rex...Lewis takes you on a journey with her and Rex as they conquer his disabilities and together learn ... Rex is a touching true story.

Erin's Rating:

Stars

View all reviews for this book